Following the announcement of the Queen’s New Year’s Honours list, we’re delighted to congratulate Bristol alumni and staff who have been recognised for their outstanding achievements and service.
- Julia Donaldson MBE (BA 1970, Hon DLitt 2011), Author, for services to Literature.
- Professor Frederick Hobbs (MBChB 1977), Director of the National Institute for Health Research School for Primary Care Research, Oxford, for services to Medical Research.
- Dr Claire Stevens (BDS 2000), Consultant in Paediatric Dentistry at Manchester University NHS Foundation Trust and President of the British Society of Paediatric Dentistry, for services to Children.
- Paul Lindley (BSc 1989), Entrepreneur and Founder of Ella’s Kitchen, for services to Exports in the Food and Drink Sector and to Children’s Welfare.
- Professor Helen Margetts (BSc 1983), Professor of Society and the Internet and lately Director of the Oxford Internet Institute, for services to Social and Political Science.
- Professor David Martin (BSc 1986) Professor of Geography at the University of Southampton, for services to Geography and Population Studies.
- Louisa Rolfe (BSc 1991) Deputy Chief Constable at the West Midlands Police, for services to Policing.
- Katie Alcott (Hon LLD 2018) Chief Executive Officer at FRANK Water, for services to International Development.
- Annabel Dunkels LVO (BA 1978) Director of Communications and Business Development at the Royal Collection.
If you’re a Bristol graduate and we haven’t listed you here, it may be that we don’t have your details. We’d love to hear from you, so please do get in touch with us at firstname.lastname@example.org to share your achievements.