We are currently recruiting for student callers to work on our Autumn 2022 Telephone Fundraising campaign. This is a fantastic opportunity to join a friendly team in which you can build your skills, make a difference, and gain fundraising experience. Applications can be submitted through our online form.
If you’re an enthusiastic, reliable, team player who is comfortable speaking over the phone then we’d love to hear from you!
As a telephone fundraiser you will call Bristol graduates to discuss what’s new at the University, what they’ve been up to since leaving Bristol, answer any questions they may have, and ask for a charitable donation. It’s an important and rewarding job. In 2021/22 our team of student callers raised more than £160,000 for Student Scholarships. Click here to read more about the amazing things you’ll be helping to support through telephone fundraising.
Working hours and pay
We are proud to be a Living Wage accredited employer, and you will be paid £11.21 per hour plus 12.07% holiday pay. All students are paid in arrears for the previous month’s work on the 26th of each month, or on the previous working day if this falls on a weekend or bank holiday.
The Autumn 2022 Telephone Fundraising campaign will run from Saturday 29 October to Sunday 4 December 2022. We ask our callers to work for the full duration of the campaign, completing an average of 12 hours each week.
To take part you must attend compulsory in-person training sessions from 10am – 5pm on 29 and 30 October.
You will be assigned to one of the below working patterns:
- Rota A – Mondays and Wednesdays (5.45pm – 9pm), Saturdays (9.45 – 5pm, includes one hour break). Please note, there will be no calling on Wednesday 9 November, and this will take place on Thursday 10 instead.
- Rota B – Tuesdays and Fridays (5.45pm – 9pm) Sundays (1.45pm – 8pm, includes one hour break).
There will also be the opportunity to pick up additional late night calling sessions to contact the US and Canada.
Please note that all calling for this campaign will take place remotely, but training will take place in person on campus.
Why become a telephone fundraiser?
As a telephone fundraiser you’ll be able to:
- Help raise funds which will support students to come to Bristol who otherwise wouldn’t be able to afford to;
- Gain experience in verbal communication and relationship building;
- Work flexible shifts from home;
- Speak to Bristol alumni from a range of backgrounds, many of whom will share their fascinating stories and provide careers advice;
- Use your experience to count towards your Bristol PLUS Award.
How to apply
Applications can be submitted through our online form.
Remote selection sessions will take place on Monday 10 and Tuesday 11 October. If you are successful, you will also need to attend two paid training sessions. These will be taking place on Saturday 29 and Sunday 30 October, both from 10am to 5pm.
Please note that being a telephone fundraiser requires fluent English. If you are looking for employment to improve your English language skills, please contact the Careers Service who may be able to offer suitable alternatives.
If you have any questions about telephone fundraising or the application process, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.