We are currently recruiting for student callers to work on our Spring 2022 Telephone Fundraising campaign. This is a fantastic opportunity to join a friendly team in which you can build your skills, make a difference and gain fundraising experience.
- a team player?
- keen to make a difference?
- comfortable speaking over the phone?
If the answer to one or more of these questions is yes, we’d love to hear from you!
As a telephone fundraiser you will call Bristol graduates to discuss what’s new at the University, answer any questions they may have, and ask for a charitable donation. It’s an important and rewarding job. In 2020/21 our team of student callers raised more than £200,000, which helped to support Student Scholarships. Click here to read more about the amazing things you’ll be helping to support through telephone fundraising.
Working hours and pay
We are proud to be a Living Wage accredited employer, and you will be paid £10.36 per hour plus 12.07% holiday pay. All students are paid in arrears for the previous month’s work on the 26th of each month, or on the previous working day if this falls on a weekend or bank holiday.
The Spring 2022 Telephone Fundraising campaign will run from Saturday 5 February to Sunday 20 March 2022. We ask our callers to work for the full duration of the campaign, completing an average of 12 hours each week. There will be no calling on Thursdays.
Shifts usually take place during the following hours:
- Weekday evenings 5.45pm to 9pm
- Saturday 10.45am to 6pm
- Sunday 1.45pm to 8pm
Please note that all calling for this campaign will take place remotely.
Why become a Telephone Fundraiser?
As a telephone fundraiser you’ll be able to:
- Contribute to important charity work that will impact the University and other students for years to come;
- Gain valuable experience for your CV;
- Work flexible shifts. Our campaign only runs in term time, and shifts are allocated after you fill in your availability on a rota, to help you fit work around your studies;
- Speak to Bristol alumni from a range of backgrounds, many of whom will share their fascinating stories and provide advice on careers and University;
- Use your experience to count towards your Bristol PLUS Award.
How to apply
Applications can be submitted through an online form. Click here to apply
Remote interviews will take place on the week beginning Monday 29 November . If you are successful you will also need to attend two paid training sessions. These will be taking place on Saturday 5 and Sunday 6 February, both from 10am to 5pm.
Please note that being a Telephone Fundraiser requires fluent English. If you are looking for employment to improve your English language skills, please contact the Careers Service who may be able to offer suitable alternatives.
If you have any questions about Telephone Fundraising or the application process, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.