We are currently recruiting for student callers to work on our spring 2024 telephone fundraising campaign. This is a fantastic opportunity to join a friendly team in which you can build your skills, make a difference, and gain fundraising experience. Applications can be submitted through our online form.
If you’re an enthusiastic, reliable team player who is comfortable speaking over the phone then we’d love to hear from you!
As a telephone fundraiser you will call Bristol graduates to discuss what’s new at the University, what they’ve been up to since leaving Bristol, answer any questions they may have, and ask for a charitable donation. It’s an important and rewarding job. In 2022/23, our team of student callers raised more than £170,000 for student scholarships.
Working hours and pay
We are proud to be a Living Wage accredited employer, and you will be paid £11.99 per hour plus 12.07% holiday pay. All students are paid in arrears for the previous month’s work on the 26th of each month, or on the previous working day if this falls on a weekend or bank holiday.
The telephone fundraising campaign will run from 3 February to 3 March 2024. We ask our callers to work for the full duration of the campaign, completing an average of 12 hours each week.
To take part you must attend compulsory in-person training sessions from 8:50 am to 4:00 pm on Saturday 3 and Sunday 4 February.
You will be assigned to one of the below working patterns:
- Rota A – Mondays and Wednesdays (5:45 pm to 9:00 pm), and Saturdays (9:45 am to 5:00 pm, includes one-hour break). Please note, there will be no calling on Wednesday 14 February; this session will take place on Thursday 15 February instead.
- Rota B – Tuesdays and Fridays (5:45 pm to 9:00 pm), and Sundays (1:45 pm to 8:00 pm, includes one-hour break).
Please note that all calling for this campaign will take place remotely, but training will take place in person on campus.
Why become a telephone fundraiser?
As a telephone fundraiser you’ll be able to:
- Help raise funds which will support students who might not otherwise be able to attend Bristol;
- Gain experience in verbal communication and relationship building;
- Work flexible shifts from home;
- Speak to Bristol alumni from a wide range of backgrounds, many of whom will share their fascinating stories and provide careers advice;
- Use your experience to count towards your Bristol PLUS Award.
How to apply
- The deadline for applications is 9 am Monday 11 December.
- Telephone interviews will be held 13 to 15 December, therefore please ensure you have some availability on these dates.
- If you are successful, you will also need to attend two paid training sessions. These will be taking place on Saturday 3 and Sunday 4 February, both from 8:50 am to 4:00 pm.
Please note that being a telephone fundraiser requires fluent English. If you are looking for employment to improve your English language skills, please contact the Careers Service who may be able to offer suitable alternatives.
If you have any questions about telephone fundraising or the application process, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.